Links from We All Fall Down

In my first days of tweeting, I tried to keep one Twitter profile for work and a separate one for personal posts and retweets, so I could swear in the latter and keep the former all professional and stuff. Ha ha, of course I mixed them up and cursed on both. Oh well. 

Life, especially during and post-Covid, is not so clearly delineated between home and work as it once was. If you wanted to keep your job 2020, you had to Zoom from the intimate place that was supposed to be your refuge. 

Some educators may find it easy to wear two hats, Jekyll and Hyding it as they move between their different worlds; I no longer can. Randy and the girls hear my stories of students; the students hear my stories of the dear fam. Such is the "relationship-building" on which so much success depends, we are told these days. 

Same with this blog and my "personal" blog We All Fall Down. I wrote there about my classroom (ALWAYS OBSCURING PERSONAL IDENTIFYING OF STUDENTS) because it was about "me" but my pedogeological transformation over the past couple of years blurs the lines. My values have not changed -- protecting my family and my students and ensuring their safety always comes first -- but I now know how false it is to pretend that teachers are automatons.

So here is:

The Time My Student Was Murdered

The Time My Student Saw My Change

The Time My Friend and I Parted Ways

The Time I Recited a Funny Poem in Class 

The Time I Taught Summer School after Covid

The First Time I Taught Summer School 

The Time I Couldn't Stop Thinking about The First Time I Taught Summer School


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One of Tech One - Whee!

Digital Storytelling - An Epic Task!

Digital Citizenship Lesson Activity and Reflection