Adjusting My Teaching

 Hoo doggie! Last time I taught, we were in a classroom for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 3 weeks, live.

Now we're remote from each other, for 50 minutes a day, 2 days a week, possibly for 12 weeks. We don't have time to watch movies together and share the joy. We don't have time for...like, anything. Except checking in and seeing each other. I just want to appreciate their attendance and their chiming in and their bravery in this weirdness.

It's really a college model - I deliver the schedule of work and explain it, they run off and either choose to tackle it or flounder. In office hours, we work intensely one on one and they talk to me like Cambridge or Oxford orals.

And those dear young ones who are not on the college trajectory fall further and further behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One of Tech One - Whee!

Digital Storytelling - An Epic Task!

Digital Citizenship Lesson Activity and Reflection